Monday, August 17, 2009

new maid salary ??

I HAVE been employing an Indonesian maid, paying her RM400 a month.

Last week I went to the Indonesian Embassy to renew her passport(New Indo T&C). An embassy staff member told me that the revised pay for Indonesian maids is RM600 a month.

He forced me to sign a new contract stipulating that I will pay her RM600 monthly. The staff member also told my maid that forthwith her pay would be RM600.

I understand that the Malay- sian and Indonesian authorities are negotiating new terms and conditions of service for maids and no final decision has been made. I therefore feel that the embassy officials are jumping the gun and enforcing the new pay on employers.

1 comment:

kamaruzzaman said...

I've been to consul indon jln tun razak last week to settle my anak case as well once bapak quoted by 20th Malaysia Indo will sit down again to finalise whether to uplift maid ban or otherwise